Represents a variety of regional and national employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. After working in-house at a major TV network, Greg served as the National Executive Director of each of the two largest performers’ unions, the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (since merged), which enables him to offer unique and extensive experience in the representation of clients in the media and entertainment industries. He also represents many clients in the manufacturing, transportation, education and financial services sectors. Focuses primarily on collective bargaining, NLRB proceedings, labor arbitration and employment litigation. Advises clients on a full spectrum of employment issues involving employment contracts, restrictive covenants, separation agreements, employee discipline, reductions-in-force, union organizing, discrimination and wrongful termination.
- Successfully defended a network-owned, major market television station against a high profile wrongful discharge arbitration claim brought by AFTRA on behalf of lead news anchor.
- Guided advertising and entertainment industry clients through audit procedures for Union pension and health plans, regularly negotiating favorable settlements on behalf of clients with such plans.
- Successfully defended a major advertiser against unfair labor practice charges filed by SAG-AFTRA in connection with the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contracts.
- Successfully defended public transportation company against unfair labor practice charges and other objections in connection with union decertification election.
- Represented major regional sports network in successfully defeating two separate union organizing drives.
- Successfully defended multiple manufacturing clients in wrongful discharge arbitration proceedings and unfair labor practice charges alleging retaliatory discharge.
- Advised entertainment industry clients in connection with Guild talent agency regulations and New York and California talent agency statutes. Drafted revenue participation agreements to confirm with such restrictions.
- Structured and drafted talent endorsement and licensing agreements with celebrity talent for advertiser and agency clients.
- Assisted advertising agency clients and talent payroll companies in structuring master services agreements with their clients.
- Advised major advertiser in connection with structuring unique sponsorship and exclusive distribution deals with recording artists.
Conducted extensive internal investigation for major cable TV network in connection with allegations of executive misconduct, issuing comprehensive report with recommended reforms.
Other Career Experience
- Partner, Curley, Hessinger & Johnsrud, LLP
- Chief Executive Officer/National Director of the Screen Actors Guild
- National Executive Director of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
- Director of Labor Relations for CBS, Inc.
- April 18, 2016
- April 18, 2016
- April 5, 2016
- March 31, 2016
Events & Speaking Engagements
- January 17, 2017
- January 11, 2017
- October 21, 2016