Erica represents clients on a wide variety of employment litigation matters from harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination single plaintiff actions to complex wage and hour class actions, including involving exempt status classification, commission chargeback, and regular rate issues. Erica has coordinated and supervised putative class member declaration campaigns that have driven successful opposition to class certification and alternative dispute resolution on terms favorable to her clients. Her experience in workplace investigations, client-management, and alternative dispute resolutions has led to her success in numerous class action and single-plaintiff employment cases. Erica also advises clients on an array of employment issues, including exempt status audits, new legal developments, and discipline and termination of current employees.
- Successfully defended telecommunications client in multiple related wage and hour arbitrations involving exempt status classification.
- Successfully reached an early and favorable resolution of single plaintiff wrongful termination matter.
- Drafted winning opposition to class certification in a federal wage and hour class action matter.
- Drafted winning motion for summary judgement in wrongful termination lawsuit.
- Drafted employment policies and revised employee handbooks for a variety of companies.
- Drafted internal memoranda in matters pertaining to employment, insurance law, defamation and civil rights law.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Member, the American Bar Association's Section of Labor and Employment
- Member, the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Lee Tran & Liang, LLP
- Associate, Sidley Austin
- Summer Judicial Extern, United States District Court
- Environmental Technician, SCA Environmental, Inc.
- August 23, 2016
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Central District of California
Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2010
University of California Berkeley, B.S., Environmental Policy, 2004