General civil litigation and complex civil litigation with an emphasis on contract disputes, business torts, real estate, product liability and class actions.
- Member of defense team in series of wage and hour class actions against international bottling company resulting in very favorable class action settlement.
- Defended radio station against claims of negligent endorsement implicating First Amendment, achieving dismissal after demurrer, and successfully defended decision on appeal.
- Member of defense team in class action lawsuit against trailer manufacturer resulting in very favorable class action settlement.
- Defended international shipping company against claims of breach of contract, negligence, consumer fraud, unfair competition, and false advertising, achieving dismissal after motion to enforce forum selection clause in contract.
- Obtained favorable settlement for wrongfully terminated employee prior to filing complaint for promissory fraud.
- Leader of litigation team honored by Public Counsel as the 2008 Consumer Law Project "Advocate of the Year" for pro bono work provided on behalf of indigent victim of real estate fraud, regaining title of victim's property and significant monetary settlement.
- As first chair trial counsel, defended landowner against claims of adverse possession and prescriptive easement and prosecuted claims of trespass, ejectment, and quiet title, obtaining judgment for client on all causes of action.
- Defended landowner against claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation in connection with commercial property transaction, achieving dismissal in exchange for waiver of costs and attorneys' fees.
Honors & Awards
- Honored by Public Counsel for his pro bono work (2009)
Other Career Experience
- Prosecutor, Commonwealth's Attorney, Harrisonburg, Virginia: As a third year law student, prosecuted domestic violence offenders in Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court for the City of Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Law Clerk, United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of California
- February 18, 2016
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit
University of Virginia Law School, J.D.
University of California, Irvine, B.A.