Bryan Wasser is MSK’s resident foodie and can be counted on to provide a recommendation to just about any flavor of restaurant around the Greater Los Angeles area. That same ability to recite facts from his encyclopedic knowledge of food leave clients marveling at his capacity to recall the smallest of detail in merger agreements spanning hundreds of pages.
Bryan’s understanding of structuring private equity deals and navigating corporate securities transactions is well grounded by his background as a Certified Public Accountant. This former Big 4 alumnus navigates his way through the supporting financial statements of a transaction with ease, a skill he realized he had as a kid when running around his father’s CPA office. While many of his friends were building forts made of sticks, Bryan was playing with a 10-key.
Bryan fittingly earned his nickname of Wasserpedia as a young Associate around the firm by consistently recounting the 100 ways to cook an egg or more important that the 100 folds of a chef’s hat are meant to represent a chef’s knowledge of that very fact.
Mr. Wasser is an Associate in the Los Angeles office. He has experience representing public and private companies in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, international transactions, corporate finance, state and federal securities reporting, including Exchange Act and Section 16 compliance, and general corporate/business matters. He also has experience representing entrepreneurs and emerging companies in corporate formation, venture capital financings and general corporate/business matters.
- Represented Rayton Solar, Inc. in its initial public offering under Regulation A+.
- Represented Kalytera Therapeutics, Inc. in its merger with Santa Maria Petroleum, Inc. (TSX:SMQ). The merged company is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “KALY”. (Lead Associate)
- Represented Kalytera Therapeutics, Inc. in a brokered and non-brokered private placement of subscription receipts for aggregate gross proceeds of $8.3 million. (Lead Associate)
- Represented VBI Vaccines Inc. (NASDAQ: VBIV) in its merger with SciVac Therapeutics, Inc. (TSX: VAC)(OTCQX: SVACF). The merged company is listed on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbol “VBIV” and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “VBV”. The merger has since become a finalist for The M&A Advisor Deal of the Year Award (2016).
- Series A Preferred Stock financing of Cyber adAPT, Inc., a provider of mobile enterprise security solutions based in Half Moon Bay, California.
- Counsel to Sysorex Global Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: SYRX) in its acquisition of AirPatrol Corporation. Sysorex is a provider of cyber security, data analytics, custom application development, cloud solutions, Mobile/BYOD solutions and strategic outsourcing to government and commercial clients in major industries around the world. AirPatrol is a developer of location-based cybersecurity and commercial services systems for mobile devices.
- Represented a private equity firm in an acquisition of an Illinois-based provider of language training, translation and mobility solutions that facilitate employee relocations and talent development around the world. (Lead Associate)
- Represented a private equity firm in an approximately $42 million leveraged buyout of a publicly-traded company that designs, manufactures and installs automated self-serve kiosks for departments of motor vehicles across the US. (Lead Associate)
- Represented a PRC based bio-medicine firm in an $8 million merger.
Other Career Experience
- Predecessor Firm, Richardson & Patel
- C.P.A. and Senior Auditor for Deloitte & Touche
- Summer Honors Legal Program at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C for the Office of the Chief Accountant and for Commissioner Luis A. Aguilar (2009, 2010)
- May 9, 2016
- October 28, 2015
- July 1, 2015
- September 5, 2014
- September 4, 2014
- August 5, 2014
Events & Speaking Engagements
- April 21, 2017
- April 20, 2017
- September 21, 2016
University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 2011
University of Southern California, MAcc in Accounting, 2004
University of Southern California, B.S. Accounting, 2004; cum laude