A simple worn out piece of paper. The ink has faded, creases consume every inch, and the six year old hand writing makes it difficult to decipher. A toss away to most, but years of memories fall between the lines of that paper. The terms were defined, the signatures were all there, and the conditions were upheld. This was the first contract Brionna ever drafted.
Little six year old Brionna tip-toed down the long hallway to eaves drop on a deal being struck between her older siblings and their father. She overheard that if the kids studied on the weekends, served their community, became a leader at school and were admitted to the National Honors Society (NHS) they could get their own car. Running out in her PJs, Brionna was adamant that she could not be left out of this opportunity, even if it was ten years from fruition. As she stretched out her tiny hand to make a deal with her father, Brionna’s grandfather joked that she should get it in writing. The little six year old wrote out her terms and conditions, added the date and signature lines, and completed the document with a witness.
When it came time, years later, the contract was presented and upheld. Tucked in a drawer and buried under a pile of socks, that piece of paper has traveled through life with Brionna. It was not only a bond between her and her father, but the beginning of her genuine passion for law.
Ms. Ned’s practice focuses on complex and commercial litigation. She has experience in both taking and defending depositions, motion practice and management of complex litigation cases. Ms. Ned also has experience performing internal investigation for clients.
- Defended Maker Studios against a securities action brought by a former employee.
- Represented a public institution in an internal investigation pertaining to conflicts of interests and research misconduct.
- Represented plaintiffs pro bono in an impact education litigation case pursuing equal rights for minority groups.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Volunteer, Harriet Buhai Center for Family Law (2015-2016)
Other Career Experience
- Associate, Munger Tolles & Olson, Associate (2014-2016)
- The University of Texas School of Law, The Review of Litigation, 2014
Events & Speaking Engagements
- September 21, 2016
- California, 2014
- Central District of California, 2015
The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2014, with honors
Stanford University, M.A., 2009
Stanford University, B.A., 2008