It all started with the green display of an Apple IIe computer and a platformer game called Apple Cider Spider, and from there he was hooked. As Ben grew older, his interest in video games would also grow, along with an industry that has turned into a multi-billion dollar behemoth within the entertainment field. As video games, aka interactive multimedia entertainment productions, advanced from 8-bit displays into resolution counted in the thousands, Ben’s knowledge and interest grew as well. Ben understands that today’s productions are more than a game with a single goal, they are full blown interactive stories which draw players into its world, compelling them to spend hours completing an adventure that rivals the stories offered by motion pictures or novels.
Since joining MSK as an Associate in 2011, Ben has further expanded his knowledge of all aspects of the development and creation of interactive multimedia entertainment production titles. From hand-drawn concept art, to technical programmers, to particle physicists and story tellers, modern interactive multimedia entertainment productions are multi-million dollar projects with development timelines of years. Ben draws on his experience from working on visas within the SF biotech field, LA entertainment industry, and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to put forth the best case possible for clients of MSK. Ben is happy to be working in a field that has drawn his interest since elementary school, and looks forward to working with clients to secure international talent for some of this best interactive multimedia entertainment studios in the world.
Immigration and nationality law representing employers and individuals in a wide range of non-immigrant and immigrant matters, including preparing petitions and applications for aliens of extraordinary ability in the arts, entertainment and sciences; specialty occupation employees; adjustment of status and consular processing immigrant visas; and various immigrant and non-immigrant visas for employees and executives in the fields of high-technology and visual effects, fashion, entertainment, and interactive multimedia.
- Approval of Extraordinary Ability immigrant petitions for executives and key employees of major entertainment companies.
- Approval of waiver applications to remove basis for inadmissibility on humanitarian grounds.
- Approval of complex non-immigrant visas related to professions in the arts, entertainment, and technology.
- Handled a variety of complex immigration matters involving citizenship, waivers, criminal convictions, travel and inadmissibility.
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- August 23, 2017
- March 7, 2017
- January 27, 2017
- January 12, 2017
- February 1, 2016
- October 2015