Los Angeles today. New York tomorrow. Israel next week, then three days in Paris. For Ariel Weindling, being a lawyer is (and has always been) synonymous with building global relationships and fostering connections. With clients spanning a broad spectrum of industries and economic sectors worldwide, and a list of practice areas that is no less expansive, Ariel rapidly became a go-to liaison and global ambassador for MSK.
While Ariel spends much of his time as a trusted legal advisor for his clients, his reach extends beyond the legal services. Because of his past experience as the CEO of a fashion company, he has expertise advising clients on issues pertaining to their business from a leadership perspective, and brings that experience to the table both as a lawyer and business partner. Ariel’s international clientele, which is comprised of many iconic brands spanning across Los Angeles, New York, Montreal, Tokyo, Paris, Singapore and Hong Kong, trust him to not only advise as their lawyer, but to help grow their business and leap over the hurdles before them – both legal and beyond. Ariel has also, over the years, developed an expertise advising entrepreneurs and startups.
Whether he is connecting clients with investors as he regularly does, or advising on law and compliance related issues, one goal remains constant for Ariel: help his clients succeed and contribute to their success.
Being a lawyer for Ariel has always been about building relationships and solving problems. Although Ariel has done a lot of work for clients in and from the Fashion Industry, he also represent clients from the entertainment, finance and technology industries. He regularly advises clients on IP, corporate, employment law and immigration related matters. Because of his past experience as the CEO of a fashion company, he has expertise advising clients on issues pertaining to their relationship with their suppliers, including their manufacturing partners (whether those are located in the U.S. or overseas) and distributors.
Ariel represents an international clientele, comprised of many iconic brands, that span across Los Angeles, New York, Montreal, Tokyo, Paris, Singapore and Hong Kong. He has been featured in Footwear News, the LA Business Journal, has written and co-authored numerous articles on employment law/HR issues, and speaks at international seminars and conferences on various legal topics.
In 2006, Ariel was appointed as a French Foreign Trade Advisor (Conseiller du commerce exterieur de la France) by the Prime Minister of France. He was the youngest Advisor ever appointed.
He is actively involved in “Chai Lifeline,” a preeminent international health support network for seriously ill children, their families, and communities.
- Advise cosmetic and apparel companies on IP, employment law, and corporate law related issues.
- Advised transnational insurance, banking and investment firms on European competition and regulatory law.
- Advised designer fashion company regarding the protection and exploitation of its intellectual property, including the negotiation and review of licenses and distribution agreements and filing of trademark registrations.
- Represent Fashion companies in various litigation and regulatory matters.
- Handled contract dispute for major Japanese company.
- Advise global employers regularly on employment law, immigration and global mobility matters.
- Represent companies in mergers & acquisitions and raising of capital and financing.
Honors & Awards
- “Who’s Who Legal: Labour, Employment & Benefits," Who’s Who Legal (2015-2016)
- Finalist, SoCal Apparel Awards, Los Angeles Business Journal (2015)
- Named a French Foreign Trade Advisor (Conseiller du commerce exterieur de la France) by the Prime Minister of France, since 2006
- "International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers," Who's Who Legal (2011, 2012 & 2015)
- "Recommended Lawyers in International Employment Law," Practical Law Company
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Member, European Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, The Global Forum for Cross-Border Human Resource Experts (XBHR)
- Ariel has been featured in Footwear News, the LA Business Journal, and has written and co-authored numerous articles on employment law/HR issues.
- November 14, 2012
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Ariel has made presentations to clients on a wide range of legal topics and also speaks at international seminars and conferences.
- corporate & business transactions
- labor & employment
- intellectual property
- Brussels, Belgium
Boston University School of Law, LL.M., 2001
Universite Libre De Bruxelles, D.E.A., 2002
Robert Schuman University School of Law, LL.B., 1998
- French, English, (conversational) Hebrew