Ariel D. Weindling co-chairs our Fashion Industry Practice. His practice involves a combination of litigation and corporate counseling and covers various types of business transactions, including private equity and investment fund transactions, corporate governance matters and mergers and acquisitions. Ariel counsels individual executives, entrepreneurs and boards of directors in a wide range of matters, including transactions and corporate governance. Ariel has also experience handling international matters with a special emphasis on arbitration and trade and cross-border disputes. Ariel spent three years as the CEO of an LA-based fashion company before joining MSK.
Born in Strasbourg, France in the mid-70’s, Ariel moved to Boston where he attended Boston University School of Law at the age of 21. He spend a little over a year practicing in Europe before moving to Los Angeles in 2003.
Being a lawyer for Ariel has always been about building relationships and solving problems. Although Ariel has done a lot of work for clients in and from the Fashion Industry, he also represent clients from the entertainment, finance and technology industries. He regularly advises clients on IP, corporate, employment law and immigration related matters. Because of his past experience as the CEO of a fashion company, he has expertise advising clients on issues pertaining to their relationship with their suppliers, including their manufacturing partners (whether those are located in the U.S. or overseas) and distributors.
Ariel represents an international clientele, comprised of many iconic brands, that span across Los Angeles, New York, Montreal, Tokyo, Paris, Singapore and Hong Kong. He has been featured in Footwear News, the LA Business Journal, has written and co-authored numerous articles on employment law/HR issues, and speaks at international seminars and conferences on various legal topics.
In 2006, Ariel was appointed as a French Foreign Trade Advisor (Conseiller du commerce exterieur de la France) by the Prime Minister of France. He was the youngest Advisor ever appointed.
He is actively involved in “Chai Lifeline,” a preeminent international health support network for seriously ill children, their families, and communities.
- Advise cosmetic and apparel companies on IP, employment law, and corporate law related issues.
- Advised transnational insurance, banking and investment firms on European competition and regulatory law.
- Advised designer fashion company regarding the protection and exploitation of its intellectual property, including the negotiation and review of licenses and distribution agreements and filing of trademark registrations.
- Represent Fashion companies in various litigation and regulatory matters.
- Handled contract dispute for major Japanese company.
- Advise global employers regularly on employment law, immigration and global mobility matters.
- Represent companies in mergers & acquisitions and raising of capital and financing.
Honors & Awards
- “Who’s Who Legal: Labour, Employment & Benefits," Who’s Who Legal (2015-2016)
- Finalist, SoCal Apparel Awards, Los Angeles Business Journal (2015)
- Named a French Foreign Trade Advisor (Conseiller du commerce exterieur de la France) by the Prime Minister of France, since 2006
- "International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers," Who's Who Legal (2011, 2012 & 2015)
- "Recommended Lawyers in International Employment Law," Practical Law Company
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Member, European Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, The Global Forum for Cross-Border Human Resource Experts (XBHR)
- Ariel has been featured in Footwear News, the LA Business Journal, and has written and co-authored numerous articles on employment law/HR issues.
- November 14, 2012
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Ariel has made presentations to clients on a wide range of legal topics and also speaks at international seminars and conferences.
- corporate & business transactions
- labor & employment
- intellectual property
- Brussels, Belgium
Boston University School of Law, LL.M., 2001
Universite Libre De Bruxelles, D.E.A., 2002
Robert Schuman University School of Law, LL.B., 1998
- French, English, (conversational) Hebrew