Business and real estate taxation, business planning, charitable giving, and individual and family tax planning.
- Advised numerous clients concerning the most desirable tax structure for new business ventures and alternatives for restructuring existing ventures.
- Heavy emphasis in partnership and corporate formation and dissolution, spin-offs, mergers, and other tax-free reorganizations.
- Estate planning, charitable giving, and tax aspects of marital dissolutions.
- Substantial experience with tax problems relating to the entertainment industry.
Honors & Awards
- "Top 5% of lawyers in Southern California," Southern California Super Lawyers (2004-2014)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Editor, Handbook for Charitable Giving, published by the Jewish Community Foundation of the Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles
Other Career Experience
- Lecturer, USC Tax Institute (1966, 1969, 1978, 2001)
- Adjunct professor of law at the University of San Diego Law School (1980, 1981)
- August 22, 2016
- August 2015
- January 2014
- January 2013
- January 23, 2012
- January 25, 2011
- January 26, 2010
- January 30, 2009
- November 21, 2008
- January 30, 2008
- November 12, 2007
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Lecturer on various tax topics before bar associations and other groups