Corporate practice concentrating in general business transactions including mergers and acquisitions for sellers and buyers, financing for lenders and borrowers, corporate formation, business planning and general advice, and contract negotiation and preparation; administrative and government law.
- Representation of sellers and buyers in over 250 mergers and acquisitions ranging in size to over $400 million.
- Representation of business borrowers and lenders for financing agreements ranging in size to over $100 million.
- Counsel to several national and regional trade associations.
- Representation of security industry before numerous city councils and state agencies.
- Assisted in preparation of state statutes and local ordinances.
- Preparation of numerous consumer contracts for the security industry and other businesses.
- Representation of Los Angeles County in various large computer software development and equipment procurement agreements.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Greater Los Angeles Security Alarm Association's President's Choice Award in recognition of service to the security alarm industry (2008)
- Recipient of the California Alarm Association's George A. Weinstock Award in recognition for a lifetime of achievement and service to the security alarm industry (2007)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Southern California Super Lawyers (2004)
Professional, Business and civic Affiliations
- Legal Committee Chairman, Central Station Alarm Association
- Director and First Vice-President, El Caballero Country Club
Other Career Experience
- Vice-president and general manager of Morse Signal Devices, then the largest alarm company in the Western United States (1969-1975)
- Privacy & Data Security Law Journal, February 2008
- Regular contributer to CSAA's newsletter - The Dispatch
- December 7, 2011
- October 3, 2008
Events & Speaking Engagements
- February 24, 2012
- Mace Xpo 2012February 2012
- Frequent presenter for the International Security Conference, California Alarm Association and other security industry trade associations
- California, 1973
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California, 1973
San Fernando Valley College of Law, J.D., 1973; summa cum laude; Valedictorian
University of California, Los Angeles, B.S., 1963, Dean's List